MRA has conducted several dozen studies for ACOA over the past 25 years, including many under a standing offer call-up. In 2011, under an open tender, MRA (in association with Jim Simpson Consulting) conducted a baseline study of promising development sectors in Atlantic Canada. We also had a standing offer with ICOD, when that organization was in existence, and completed more than $200,000 of work. Our engagement with DFO has resulted in several contracts totaling more than $500,000 over the years. Past engagements with NS government departments included an update on the feasibility of Boston-Nova Scotia Cruise Ferry and an evaluation of the Dealmaker '95 Environmental Conference. More recent projects include:
· Cape Breton Marina Study 2013 (Product and Market Development Strategy) ECBC.
· ACOA-IBDA "Promising Sectors" Study - marine tech, bio-tech, clean energy, aero/defense, high-tech, agri-food-fisheries (with Jim Simpson Consulting).
· Lobster Council of Canada Long Term Plan (international market analysis, subcontract to Gardner-Pinfold Consulting).*
· Antigonish RDA Investment Attraction Strategy.*
· Port of Halifax /Stanfield International Airport Shippers Study (subcontract to NICOM).
· Cape Breton Marinas Study -2013 (Strategic Plan ECBC).
· CAPP International Shrimp Market Study (subcontract to Revenue Management Ltd.)
· Secretariat to the Maritime Lobster Panel Report 2012.*
· Bridgewater Marina Sustainability Study and Economic Projections.
· Nova Scotia Dept of Agriculture and Dept of Fisheries Funding Options Guide.*
· CoRDA Workforce Transportation Study.
· Guysborough County RDA Investment Attraction Strategy.
· CREDA Investment Attraction Strategy (with Novus Consulting).
· Stumpage Surveys. Market surveys/analysis with Nortek Resource Solutions.*
· Colchester Regional Development Authority (CoRDA). Work transportation study. Background research; surveys and interviews; market ID.
· Nova Scotia Department of Energy. Offshore Suppliers Global Export Plan. Market research on-site in Houston and Florida; global market research; strategic plan (MRA lead with Novus Consulting Group Ltd. as prime contractor).*
· Kings Co. Export Database/Potential. ID potential exporters, focus groups.
· Port of Halifax. Farmers Market Random Sample Survey. Market projections.
· Port of Halifax and Stanfield Int'l Airport Shippers' Study.
· Halifax Transit Users Study.
· Public Works and Government Services Canada - Department of Fisheries and Oceans - Small Craft Harbours. Marine Engineering and Construction Supply / Demand (Sector) Study. Market interviews, data analysis, SWOT, strategic plan (with Novus Consulting Group Ltd.).
· Nova Scotia Department of Fisheries. International Product - Market Development Study for Nova Scotia Salt Fish. Background research, travel to United States, Brazil; market interviews, samples; new strategies. (see online at: www.gov.ns.ca/fish/marketing/ra/SaltfishMS.pdf)*
· Database/Directory of NS Metal Working companies. (NSBI)*
· Export Companies ID project for "Propector) and other trade programs. (NSBI)*
· Bottled Water Sector / Capacity Study, Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA). A global analysis of the four companies controlling the bottled water industry and resultant impact on Nova Scotia's industry capacity. An analysis of cases for industry expansion; modernization, new products, new markets (exports), increased penetration, etc.
· Wood Truss Sector / Capacity Study. Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA). Supply and Demand (including exports) Analysis of Wood Truss Sector in Atlantic Canada and New Brunswick. Demand analysis based on: interest and mortgage rates, population growth, income growth and exchange rates.
Present or past standing offer contracts have included Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC), Nova Scotia Business Inc. (NSBI), Nova Scotia Office of Economic Development, Nova Scotia Government, Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA) and Enterprise Cape Breton Corporation (ECBC).
* Signifies NS government-related projects; references available.
2014 © Market Research Associates Ltd.